MEDICAL NEEDS POLICY
Have you seen your school’s Medical Needs Policy?
Do you know who is responsible for overseeing its implementation?
- Governing bodies of maintained schools and academies should ensure that the school develops a policy for supporting pupils with medical conditions.
- This policy must be reviewed regularly and be accessible to parents and school staff.
- A named person should have responsibility for policy implementation.
The following documents will be useful when devising and reviewing your school’s Medical Needs Policy:
- Statutory guidance for local authorities and departmental advice for others ensuring children with health needs receive education.
- Supporting pupils at school with medical conditions.
- Supporting pupils with medical conditions: links to other useful resources.
SEND code of practice: 0-25 years