Eating disorder - help at school
- I will probably not view myself as ill to begin with so please be patient and try to understand this.
Help monitoring food intake
- I would probably prefer school not to be a place that talks about food but if I have help monitoring my food intake I would prefer that to be the same person each day
- The school nurse would be a good person.
- It is good for all students if school is a place that helps us promote our self esteem through looking at issues such as valuing the talents and interests of all students.
- Helping us consider how the media may manipulate things such as body image may be useful in empowering us to make choices about diet and clothes.
Enjoying physical education
- Physical education should not just be about winning or being the best at a paticular activity, it should also be about learning new skills and working as a team.
- Ideally it should be something everyone can feel good about participating in.
It makes a huge difference for me to know that there is an adult at my school who knows all about my condition and who I can talk to if I am worried or unwell.